What To Expect
Upon your arrival at Honig Orthodontics, please notify our receptionist. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office.
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Study models of your teeth.
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings.
- Doctor’s studying the diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment.
What is the cost of the Treatment?
The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is recommended. We have customized payment plans and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, study models and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office.
- Two sets of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients are provided upon completion of treatment. The first set is delivered after appliance removal, and then the final set is given one year post-treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my Investment Include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for multiple insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims on your behalf. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you on time for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive at or before their scheduled time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.